K J Pavan
K J Pavan is a multi-talented artist who brings together his love for photography, art, music and acting into his career.
Pavan is perhaps most famously known for his percussion and singing work with the critically and popularly acclaimed folk fusion band Swarathma. His association with the band has taken him to various parts of the globe, from Australia to Morocco.
As an academician, Pavan has done everything from conducting workshops with students to being on jury panels for photography competitions. He has also been a visiting faculty with the Amrita School of Arts and Sciences in Mysore. And now, the WCFA.
Awards & Recognition
– Photography series, ‘ Kusti’, was exhibited at the Kala Ghoda arts festival, Mumbai in February 2015. Some of the works from the series were also published in Tasveer Journal.
– Photographs from his Traces series were exhibited at Harmony Art Show in 2008 in Mumbai.
– Pavan’s first solo exhibition was of his works series “Junkyard” at Sumukha Art Gallery, Bangalore, in 2009.
– An all-India level still-life photography award from Better Photography magazine.
– The Dasara award for photography