Anjali is deeply interested in the idea of the conservation of heritage and art. This is why after completing her bachelor’s in architecture from the Government Engineering College in Thrissur, she chose to pursue and earn her Master’s degree in architectural conversation from the SPA, New Delhi.
Since then, Anjali has worked as Conservation Consultant for DD Architects, Thrissur and INTACH Bangalore chapter. She went on to get trained under the Archaeological Survey of India, Thrissur and SK Architects – Kannur.
Among other institutes, Anjali has also worked as an assistant professor at the MES School of Architecture for three years. Anjali has also published at least five impactful articles in globally renowned publications.
Awards & Recognition
Anjali received the coveted UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Excellence for Cultural Heritage Conservation in 2015.
– Anjali C; Gothrasamskrithiyile njanavyavasthakal, Article published in “Keli” (Malayalam) The official journal of Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi, Thrissur, 2019 October – 2020 January
– Vinod Kumar MM; Anjali C; Reviving the Traditions, Conserving the Authentic; Conservation of Sree Vadakkunathan Temple, Thrissur, Translated by Chi Ti-Nan and C.J Anderson Wu, Article published in Taiwan Architect Magazine, No.539 2019/11
– Anjali C, Vinod Kumar MM; Indian Historic Cities; Exploring the Cultural Capital, Poster Presentation at UIA 2017 Seoul, World Architects Congress, Seoul, South Korea, September 3-10, 2017
– Anjali C; Reading the Unwritten past; Exploring a cultural landscape through its oral traditions; Thanima2 – 2nd International Conference on Design Pedagogy and contextual Aesthetics jointly organized by the Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut, and IIA Calicut Centre, National Institute of Technology, Calicut 2017
– Anjali C; Vernacular hybrid in Colonial Architecture- A Case of Cannanore Cantonment; ICDPCA 2015, International Conference on Design Pedagogy and contextual Aesthetics jointly organized by the Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut and IIA Calicut Centre, National Institute of Technology, Calicut 2015